Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

FH Conference and another Relative Surfaces

Today I went to the Lethbridge Family History Center's October Conference.  I gave a presentation on How to Start a Blog and I names Blogger as the most user-friendly.  Then I went to classes all day and a lovely lunch with friends supplied.     I learned about Scottish genealogy searches and German searches (important here - DON"T start with NAMES - you need to start with PLACE - as exact as possible - and that Germany changed hands, and therefore names, very, very often.  I also learned a lot about being careful to look for documentation when using family trees for sources.   One class I took was about immigration to Canadaa from different countries.  There were 47 classes available within the two-day conference, but I was only available to go for one day, as Friday I was busy in training for FamilySearch Support Services.

I received a call on thursday from another relative who lives in British Columbia who had seen the McCawsCometoLife blog and wanted to know how we connected in the tree.  I was able to help with that and she in turn shared information with me.  Isn't the internet a wonderful thing???

No comments:

Post a Comment