Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

I thought you might like to see a prairie sunset.
The Rootstech conference was incredible!  I think you can still download the syllibi from their website www.rootstech.org  Some great stuff that I need time to try - but try I will - already checking out Goggle + using Google Chrome.  Integration is a great thing.
 I have heard from the editor of Internet Genealogy magazine and he says the articles Stewart and I wrote will be in the March/april issue.  We thought it was going to be in the Jan/Feb one, but was disappointed when I didn't see it, so I emailed him and he was prompt and apologetic.  Nice man. 

I had the opportunity lately to read a "Life Book" of a young man who went through much uncertainty and pain in his younger years and everything has worked out so well for him.  That book is not for publication - for family only, but I hope they keep it for their children and on down the line.  Journals, blogs, whatever, are so important.  Birth, marriage, etc. certificates are wonderful finds, but personal stories - well, those are the real treasures in genealogy searches.  With that said, happy researching!

No comments:

Post a Comment