Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012


I can’t go ANYWHERE without getting into a conversation about genealogy.  Case in point:  I was getting my black  ink cartridge refilled and was discussing the merits of laser printing, since I do so much black printing.  Then I mentioned why I used so much and………..and hour later I had some printed profile pages from Ancestry.com and names, dates, and places, and a business card and the kiosk dealer had my email address.
Now I have a Word document with url’s, gravesite screenshots, and ideas for further research.
Why do I DO this to myself?  The dyed-in-the-wool genealogist out there will know what I’m talking about.  There is a passion in our work.  We are 24-hour genealogists.  And we are a patient bunch.
People like to talk about their families – about their roots, their bloodline; in other words, themselves.  And mixed in with all that verbiage is a tidbit of valuable information – a clue – the one you have been waiting for with pen poised above paper.  Hurry, get it down before he goes on to something else and a new clue pops up.  Ya gotta be ready!!!!
Finally, you get to ask a question or two and off you go, forgetting all about what it was you came to the mall for besides getting your black ink cartridge filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment