Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Well, I'm getting a leeetle better at posting regularly.  It's a question of habit. I spent the weekend organizing my genealogy papers.  Each family was in a folder in a 2-drawer filing cabinet.  When I took them out to organize them, I always had papers all over, so I decided to put them into separate binders so I could leaf through them without making a mess on the living room floor.  When i finished, I had little white dots all over my carpet from my one-hole punch.

I've heard from relatives in BC and Ontario and the US and gotten people in touch with each other.  I've also been helping people navigate the Ancestry and FamilySearch sites.  Got subscriptions to Internet Genealogy and Family Chronicles and Family Tree mags and order a book on 55 Best Afghans (they are gorgeous and that's my specialty). 

Seems like the articles for Internet Genealogy are put off until the Feb/Mar issue.  After that's published, I will be writing more.

The presentation on how to start a Blog is being put on the computers at our local Family History Center and I'm told there was good feedback from it.  If anyone who was in that class and is reading this and has started a blog of their own, please let me know so I can subscribe to it and, if you need help, post here and I'll get back to you.  Blogger has some great aids as well.  As I mentioned in my class, Blogger seems to be the most user-friendly of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment