Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

EPISODE 7

EPISODE 7 TIMELINE

Posted on
I must correct the timing of certain events…..While Bill and I were corresponding, I got the call about my son and it was only after he came to visit that I knew about my father’s name.  I remember this because, when my son came to visit – yes, all the way from the UK – I didn’t tell him any of this because I didn’t know at the time.  I am relying mostly on memory (which is like a rabbit’s foot:  short and fuzzy).  A lot of papers got lost when I moved to Alberta.  More about that later.  Meanwhile, I will tell you about my son’s visit.  It is painful to remember because the timing was not the best and neither of us realized it.  My marriage was going through a rough patch, but I was in denial and wanted everything to work out.  We had, as I mentioned earlier, started to build our own home and, after my son expressed a desire to bring his wife and my new grandson over with a view to living in Canada, we partitioned off a section of our land and started on a basement for their new home.  What a dream come true!  Except the dream got all mixed up with culture shock for them and our marital problems.  A painful memory, but I will never, ever be sorry I met him.  The person that got the worst of it was his new bride.  What a brave young woman.
I won’t go into details of the visit and subsequent parting, but I will say that I felt like something was broken and that I had lost him for the second time for the same reason:  my immaturity.  Did we keep in touch?  More next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment