Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I'M BACK

My Dear Readers
Since I last wrote to you, I have started my training for helping with Historical Records at familysearch.org.  There is a lot of technical stuff and knowing how to get around the various sites and the attitude to take with patrons.  And we have homework!!! I think it was in my Facebook profile that I put "I am a lifelong learner!" and now I have to put my money where my mouth is.  Last week I also learned about doing Hungarian genealogy:  It is hard!  However, I'm sticking to it and also Norwegian (which is not so urgent).  Because of volunteer indexers (people who transcribe documents so we can read them), there are a lot more collections becoming available.  Both familysearch.org and ancestry.com have programs where people can volunteer to index.

Concerning my birth families, my brother in Ontario spoke with the Children's Aid Society there and they said there is nothing new, although their records were supposed to be opened a long time ago.  You can go to the Ontario Adoption Registry site and register with them if you were adopted in Ontario or live(ed) there and put up a child for adoption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment