Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

MORE ADVENTURES

Got an email from a friend in the town where I used to live about  ahve hour from here and she had met a lady who lived in my building who wanted help with finding her ancestors.  Finally got to meet the lady yesterday and we spent a couple of hours at the computer and found things that made us both happy - moreso her.  It's a great feeling to be able to put that ahah! moment of glee on someone's face - to be part of their wonderful journey! 


Finished my "How to Start a Blog" PowerPoint presentation for the Family History Center Conference in October and have signed up for a few classes on the Saturday.  I start my training for FamilySearch historical records on Monday.

One of my cousins in Ontario (Hilda who compiled the original McCaw Family History book) just came back from a trip to Ireland with her daughter and saw where her ancestors had lived.  She wrote a nice long email telling us all about it and I gave her a shout and we talked on the phone about it.  What a wonderful opportunity!! 

Stewart's book has gone to the publisher (AuthorHouse) and he has ordered copies.  Can't wait to see the cover and hold it in my hand and see my name in print as editor.  I want to read it as a "consumer" and not think about editing.

That's it for this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment