Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

NEW ADVENTURES

Genealogy calls.  Busy busy busy.  Happy happy happy.  Had an unexpected visit from someone and we worked on her genealogy on Ancestry.com and FamilySearch. what a joy to find documents and go over them and fin out exactly where her grandfather was born.  Watched Who Do You Think You Are? last night - Kim Cattral.  What a sad past story and a wonderful present story!  Bringing families together is such a blessing. 

Would you beieve I have homework before my first training session? Also got my syllabus for the whole 5-week training.  Back to school in September!!  New notebook and legible writing - both new resolutions (by the end of the class, it MAY be less legible and neat in the interest of getting everything down before I forget and go on to something else.    How did I ever get through university?  My professors were forever having to bring me back to the center point of the exercise.  One told me that I was like Don Quixote - jumping on my horse and riding off in all directions.  Well, in genealogy, this can come in handy.  We need not be afraid to explore a new path.  If we hit a dead end, we can follow another one.  My motto is that all roads lead to "Rome" in the end, especially when it comes to computer searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment